Monday, January 12, 2009

Great Feedback from a Momail user

Below is an excerpt from an actual response from a Momail user highlighting the real-world benefits from using our service:

"I spent 2 weeks travelling around Kenya in October and used my trusty old Nokia E61 to check my emails. I would then spend an hour or two in the evenings writing emails on the phone to my business partners and customers. When I first arrived in Nairobi I went to the nearest Safaricom shop and bought a pre-paid SIM card for 30 Euros. I was fully expecting to have to purchase more minutes as the two weeks progressed, however as I was not sure how the system would work I did not want to invest too much up-front.

In reality, after 2 weeks I still had 18 Euros left on the card! In Kenya you pay 8c per Mb and with the massive compression of my emails using Momail I only used 12 Euros in 2 weeks. This with VERY heavy usage. I was totally amazed. I even did some web browsing which probably ate up most of the 12 Euros..

I can recommend using Momail to anyone! I would also advise users to investigate using pre-paid SIM cards. I have several SIM cards for different countries now and simply swap them out in my phone. I am saving an absolute fortune! In some countries you can get a SIM card that will give you a maximum data price per day of 1 Euro.

This of course means having a separate phone for phone calls.. But good phones with a long battery life are very cheap."

No comments: